CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
POSITION: Marketing/Public Relations Associate
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
Key team member responsible for development and execution of marketing and public relations campaign driving positive image, greater public awareness, increased ticket sales, donor and business partner support for Glacier Symphony. Works closely with Managing Director Artistic Director, Development Manager and Patron Services/Office Manager as well as the Symphony’s Board of Directors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft all GS press releases to the media for ALL upcoming GS events.
- Create and Build relationships with area media contacts and maintain relationships with existing contacts on a regular basis (varies by media outlet, but at least weekly for most media).
- Manage ALL incoming media requests and keeping the AD and MD informed of media inquiries. Respond to these requests in a timely manner.
- Create and Pitch story ideas and content to ALL area and regional (when appropriate—eg. Festival Amadeus) media
- Ensure all communications with the public and area media is consistent and cohesive with the GS brand image
- Track and analyze media coverage. Use this information to modify output/campaigns accordingly to achieve the desired results for the GS.
- Organize, schedule, and prepare key leaders of the GS for Media interviews.
- Reach out to GS sponsors and partners on a regular basis to keep them informed of any special opportunities for them and the GS to work together as a result of their affiliation with the GS.
- Reach out to ALL GS patrons on a regular basis (likely at least monthly and as needed based on programming), to keep our patrons informed of all that the GS has to offer and how our patrons can support the good works of the GS throughout the year.
- Work with the area school systems to help promote the GS’ YME program throughout the year.
- Offer and schedule interviews by the AD and MD as well as the PR person with all area media to help publicize GS events and programs.
- Measure PR program impacts and regularly report these results to the AD, MD and Executive Committee
- Propose to the MD the appropriate mix of advertising in area media that will reach the targeted GS demographics. This includes radio, television, digital, print and social media.
- Regularly update the GS website to ensure all information on the website is accurate and accurate
- Reach out to area faith-based organizations to publicize the GS’ annual performances of the Messiah.
- Work with the MD/AD and Gala committee each year to ensure this fundraising celebration is highly publicized and well attended.
- Work with the GS person who writes Grants to provide information as needed by the grant writer to successfully complete the grant applications.
Education and Experience. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business development, business administration, journalism or public relations. At least 2 years of hands-on experience in the above performance requirements.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills. Ability to write clearly with proper spelling and grammar. Ability to communicate effectively to business partners, donors, Board members, employees, vendors, and others. Excellent listener and pleasing interpersonal/social skills. Comfortable interacting with new and diverse people in public/social settings.
Organizational Skills. Solid, demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
Reasoning Ability. Able to organize systems, coordinate deadlines, handle logistics, interpret instructions provided in writing or verbally.
Computer Skills. Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams. Experience in digital/online marketing skills which will be needed for the GS website and social media interactions.
Teamwork. Balance team and individual responsibilities. Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views. Give and welcome feedback. Contribute to building a positive team spirit. Support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Ethics. Treat everyone with respect. Keep commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Work ethically and with integrity. Uphold organizational values. Maintain confidentiality. Customer Service. Display courtesy and sensitivity. Manage difficult or emotional customer situations. Meet commitments. Respond promptly to customer needs.
Submit resume and 3 references via email to email@example.com
Positions open until filled.